|KSTASH(8)||System Manager's Manual||KSTASH(8)|
kstash — store the
KDC master password in a file
kstash reads the Kerberos master key and
stores it in a file that will be used by the KDC.
- the encryption type to use, defaults to DES3-CBC-SHA1.
- the name of the master key file.
- don't ask for a new master key, just read an old master key file, and write it back in the new keyfile format.
- generate a random master key.
- filedescriptor to read passphrase from, if not specified the passphrase will be read from the terminal.
/var/heimdal/m-key is the default keyfile
if no other keyfile is specified. The format of a Heimdal master key is the
same as a keytab, so
ktutil list can be used to list
the content of the file.
|April 10, 2007||HEIMDAL|