|DH-MAKE-ELPA(1)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||DH-MAKE-ELPA(1)|
NAME¶dh-make-elpa - helper for creating Debian packages from ELPA packages
- dh-make-elpa [--pkg-emacsen] [make]
- dh-make-elpa help
DESCRIPTION¶dh-make-elpa will try to create the files required to build a Debian source package from an unpacked GNU Emacs ELPA package.
dh-make-elpa is an experimental script that performs a lot of guesswork. You should throughly verify the contents of the debian/ directory before uploading
% cd foo
% git reset --hard 1.0.0 # package latest stable release
% git branch --unset-upstream # detaches master branch from upstream remote
% dh-make-elpa --pkg-emacsen
% git add debian && git commit -m "initial Debianisation"
% git deborig
% dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc
- Default command if no command is given. Creates debianisation from scratch. Fails with an error if debian/ directory already exists.
- Displays short usage information.
- Sets "Maintainer",
"Vcs-Browser" fields in
debian/control according to the Team's conventions.
This option is useful when preparing a package for the Debian Emacs Addon Packaging Team <https://pkg-emacsen.alioth.debian.org>.
- Specify the ELPA package version. Useful when upstream failed to include either a Package-Version: header or a -pkg.el file.
- Upstream remote
- The remote for upstream's git repository should be called 'upstream'. You can use:
AUTHOR¶Originally written by Sean Whitton <email@example.com>, currently maintained by Lev Lamberov <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Debian Emacsen team <email@example.com>.
A great deal of the library code used by dh-make-elpa, and its object-oriented structure, comes from dh-make-perl(1), written and maintained by the Debian Perl Group.