dex - DesktopEntry Execution
dex [options] [DesktopEntryFile]...
dex, DesktopEntry Execution, is a program to generate and execute DesktopEntry files of the Application type.
- -h, --help
- Show this help message and exit
- -a, --autostart
- Autostart programs
- -c PATH, --create PATH
- Create a DesktopEntry file for the program at the given path. An optional second argument is used to specify the filename of the created DesktopEntry file, or specify the filename - to print the file to stdout. By default a new file is created with the .desktop file extension.
- -d, --dry-run
- Dry run, don't execute any command
- -e ENVIRONMENT, --environment ENVIRONMENT
- Specify the Desktop Environment an autostart should be performed for; works only in combination with --autostart
- -s SEARCHPATHS, --search-paths SEARCHPATHS
- Colon separated list of paths to search for desktop files, overriding the default search list
- -t DIRECTORY, --target-directory DIRECTORY
- Create files in target directory
- --term TERM
- The terminal emulator that will be used to run the program if Terminal=true is set in the desktop file, defaults to x-terminal-emulator
- -w, --wait
- Block until the program exits
- Perform a self-test
- -v, --verbose
- Verbose output
- -V, --version
- Display version information
Perform an autostart/execute all programs in the autostart folders.
Perform an autostart/execute all programs in the specified folders.
Preview the programs would be executed in a regular autostart.
Preview the programs would be executed in a GNOME specific autostart.
Create a DesktopEntry for a program in the current directory.
Create a DesktopEntry for a programs in autostart directory.
Execute a single program from command line and enable verbose output.
Execute a single program (with Terminal=true in the desktop file) in gnome-terminal.
Execute a single program and block until it exits.
Jan Christoph Ebersbach, Johannes Löthberg
|September 8, 2020||dex-0.9.0|