deb-why-removed - shows the reason a package was removed from the archive
deb-why-removed [option...] package...
This program will download the removals metadata from the archive, search and print the entries within for a source or binary package name match.
- -u, --url URL
- URL to the archive removals deb822-formatted file list. This can be either an actual URL (https://, http://, file://), an pathname or an origin name. Currently the only origin name known is debian.
- Do not refresh the cached removals file even if there is a newer version in the archive.
- -h, -?, --help
- Show a help message and exit.
- Show the program version.
- This directory contains the cached removal files downloaded from the archive. cachedir will be either $XDG_CACHE_HOME or if that is not defined $HOME/.cache/.