readlink - print resolved symbolic links or canonical file names
readlink [OPTION]... FILE...
Note realpath(1) is the preferred command to use for canonicalization functionality.
Print value of a symbolic link or canonical file name
- -f, --canonicalize
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively; all but the last component must exist
- -e, --canonicalize-existing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, all components must exist
- -m, --canonicalize-missing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, without requirements on components existence
- -n, --no-newline
- do not output the trailing delimiter
Written by Dmitry V. Levin.
Copyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License
GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
or available locally via: info '(coreutils) readlink invocation'
|September 2020||GNU coreutils 8.32|