|cewl(1)||custom word list generator||cewl(1)|
cewl - custom word list generator
cewl [OPTION] ... URL
CeWL (Custom Word List generator) is a ruby app which spiders a given URL, up to a specified depth, and returns a list of words which can then be used for password crackers such as John the Ripper. Optionally, CeWL can follow external links.
CeWL can also create a list of email addresses found in mailto links. These email addresses can be used as usernames in brute force actions.
CeWL is pronounced "cool".
- -h, --help
- Show help.
- -k, --keep
- Keep the downloaded file.
- -d <x>,--depth <x>
- Depth to spider to, default 2. -m, --min_word_length Minimum word length, default 3.
- -o, --offsite
- Let the spider visit other sites.
- -w, --write
- Write the output to the file.
- -u, --ua <agent>
- User agent to send.
- -n, --no-words
- Don't output the wordlist.
- Accept words with numbers in as well as just letters.
- -a, --meta
- Include meta data.
- --meta_file file
- Output file for meta data.
- -e, --email
- Include email addresses.
- --email_file <file>
- Output file for email addresses. --meta-temp-dir <dir> The temporary directory used by exiftool when parsing files, default /tmp.
- -c, --count
- Show the count for each word found.
- -v, --verbose
- Extra debug information.
- --header, -H
- In format name:value - can pass multiple.
- The site to spider.
Someone has reported that the spider misses some pages which are have querystrings on them. This issue isn't confirmed.
The CeWL was written by Robin Wood <email@example.com>.
This manual page was written by Joao Eriberto Mota Filho <firstname.lastname@example.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
|Jun 2018||CEWL 5.4.3|