|AMAVISD-NEW(8)||System Manager's Manual||AMAVISD-NEW(8)|
amavisd-new - Interface between MTA and virus scanner/content filters
amavisd-new [ -u userid ] [ -g groupid ] [ -c config-file ]... [ start | stop | reload | debug | debug-sa | foreground ]
amavisd is a high-performance interface between message transfer agent (MTA) and virus scanners and/or spam scanners.
This is the amavisd-new incarnation of amavisd. It is a performance-enhanced and feature-enriched version of the original amavisd program.
Amavisd-new works as a SMTP proxy. Email is fed to it through SMTP, processed, and fed back to the MTA through a new SMTP connection. There is no buffering to disk by amavis, it will report that the transfer was sucessfull only after the forwarding MTA has accepted the message.
It is possible to use the sendmail milter interface instead of the SMTP proxy method, as well.
- -c configfile
- Use the specified configuration file instead of using run-parts(8) to find config files in /usr/share/amavis/conf.d and /etc/amavis/conf.d (this is a Debian extension to Amavisd-new). More than one -c option can be specified and the files will be read in the order given.
- -u userid
- Try to switch to that user id.
- -g groupid
- Try to switch to that group id.
- Starts amavisd-new
- Stops a running amavisd-new
- Reloads configuration from config file (may in fact just restart amavisd-new)
- Runs amavisd-new in debug mode
- Runs amavisd-new in spamassassin debug mode
- Does not fork to background
/etc/amavis/amavisd.conf, /var/lib/amavis, /var/run/amavis/amavisd.pid
This manual page was written by Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <firstname.lastname@example.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).