|GIT-LFS-INSTALL(1)||General Commands Manual||GIT-LFS-INSTALL(1)|
git-lfs-install - Install Git LFS configuration.
git lfs install options
Perform the following actions to ensure that Git LFS is setup properly:
- Set up the clean and smudge filters under the name "lfs" in the global Git config.
- Install a pre-push hook to run git-lfs-pre-push(1) for the current repository, if run from inside one. If "core.hooksPath" is configured in any Git configuration (and supported, i.e., the installed Git version is at least 2.9.0), then the pre-push hook will be installed to that directory instead.
Without any options, git lfs install will only setup the "lfs" smudge and clean filters if they are not already set.
- Sets the "lfs" smudge and clean filters, overwriting existing values.
- Sets the "lfs" smudge and clean filters in the local repository's git config, instead of the global git config (~/.gitconfig).
- Sets the "lfs" smudge and clean filters in the current working tree's git config, instead of the global git config (~/.gitconfig) or local repository's git config ($GIT_DIR/config). If multiple working trees are in use, the Git config extension worktreeConfig must be enabled to use this option. If only one working tree is in use, --worktree has the same effect as --local. This option is only available if the installed Git version is at least 2.20.0 and therefore supports the "worktreeConfig" extension.
- Print instructions for manually updating your hooks to include git-lfs functionality. Use this option if git lfs install fails because of existing hooks and you want to retain their functionality.
- Sets the "lfs" smudge and clean filters in the system git config, e.g. /etc/gitconfig instead of the global git config (~/.gitconfig).
- Skips automatic downloading of objects on clone or pull. This requires a manual "git lfs pull" every time a new commit is checked out on your repository.
- Skips setup of the local repo; use if you want to install the global lfs filters but not make changes to the current repo.
Part of the git-lfs(1) suite.