table of contents
|VOP_LINK(9)||Kernel Developer's Manual||VOP_LINK(9)|
NAME¶VOP_LINK — create a new name for a file
#include <sys/vnode.h> int
VOP_LINK(struct vnode *dvp, struct vnode *vp, struct componentname *cnp);
DESCRIPTION¶This links a new name in the specified directory to an existing file. Its arguments are:
- The vnode of the directory.
- The vnode of the file to be linked.
- Pathname information about the file.
LOCKS¶VOP_LINK() expects the directory and file vnodes to be locked on entry and will leave the vnodes locked on return.
RETURN VALUES¶Zero is returned if the file was linked successfully, otherwise an error is returned.
- The file has too many links.
- The file is immutable.
- A hard link is not possible between different file systems.
SEE ALSO¶vn_lock(9), vnode(9)
AUTHORS¶This manual page was originally written by Doug Rabson.
|July 24, 1996||Debian|