Manage upgrading the on-disk version of
-a | filesystem
- Displays a list of file systems that are not the most recent version.
- Displays a list of currently supported file system versions.
- Upgrades file systems to a new on-disk version. Once this is done, the
file systems will no longer be accessible on systems running older
versions of the software.
send streams generated from new snapshots of these
file systems cannot be accessed on systems running older versions of the
In general, the file system version is independent of the pool
version. See zpool(8) for information on the
In some cases, the file system version and the pool version
are interrelated and the pool version must be upgraded before the file
system version can be upgraded.
- Upgrade to the specified version. If the
-V flag is not specified, this command
upgrades to the most recent version. This option can only be used to
increase the version number, and only up to the most recent version
supported by this software.
- Upgrade all file systems on all imported pools.
- Upgrade the specified file system.
- Upgrade the specified file system and all descendent file