|imstar(1)||General Commands Manual||imstar(1)|
imstar - Find stars in FITS and IRAF image files
imstar [options] [FITS or IRAF filename] or [@file of image file names]
- <hh:mm:ss> <dd:mm:ss> [J2000, B1950]
- Coordinates for center (or reference pixel if -x is used).
- -a <angle>
- Image rotation angle in degrees (default 0). If multiple of 90, rotate image before search and set WCS angle to zero; if not, put in WCS.
- Output B1950 (FK4) coordinates (default=image equinox)
- -d <catalog name>
- Read this DAOFIND style catalog of X, Y, and magnitude instead of searching for stars in the image. The format is simply white-space-separated numbers on a line, with # at the beginning of comment lines.
- -e <num>
- Number of pixels to ignore around image edge
- Write a simple ASCII catalog file instead of tab table or DAOFIND format (number RA DEC mag ... per line, with two lines of header info)
- Print heading, else do not
- -i <num>
- Minimum peak value for star in image (<0=-sigma) Setting this to reject all but 10-15 stars is a good way to speed up the star-finding process. If num is less than zero, the minimum peak is -num image pixel standard deviations. Setting this number rejects faint stars early in the selection process for a significant saving in computing time.
- Output J2000 (FK5) coordinates (default=image equinox)
- Print each star as it is found for debugging
- Reflect the image left <-> right before rotating (-a) and searching for stars.
- -m <magnitude>
- Magnitude offset
- Number of brightest stars to print
- Output star list in DAOFIND format. The first three numbers on each line of the output file are X, Y, and magnitude, separated by one or more blanks or a tab. Lines beginning with # are ignored.
- -p <num>
- Plate scale in arcsec per pixel (default 0)
- -q <c|d|o|s|x|v|+>
- Output region file shape for SAOimage (default o) Characters mean: c>ross, d>iamond, s>quare, o>circle, x=X, v>ary with GSC type, +>cross.
- Maximum radius for star in pixels
- Sort by RA instead of flux
- Output in Starbase tab table format
- Verbose listing of processing intermediate results
- Write output to a file in addition to standard out. If DAO format (-o), create the name by adding .dao to the image file name. If Starbase format (-t), create the name by adding .tab to the image file name. If ASCII format (-f), create the name by adding .stars to the image file name.
- -x <X> <Y>
- X and Y coordinates of reference pixel (if not in header or image center)
- Use AIPS classic projection code (for "-SIN", "-TAN", "-ARC", "-NCP", "-GLS", "-MER", "-AIT" and "-STG" only) instead of WCSLIB proposed standard projection code.
Jessica Mink, SAO (email@example.com)
|WCSTools||6 July 2001|