dpt-forward - Forward a bug or a patch upstream
dpt forward [option...] path/to/some.patch [bug-number]
dpt forward [option...] bug-number [path/to/some.patch]
- --dist name
- -d name
- Distribution name. Determined from META, the
"Name" field in debian/upstream/metadata, the
"Homepage" field in debian/control file or the
"Source" field in debian/copyright, in that order.
- Normally <dpt-forward> checks if the bug/patch is
already forwarded upstream and aborts if so. With this option, the check
is still done, but execution is not aborted and only a warning is
- --meta file
- Specifies the location of the META file. Defaults to
META.json or META.yml in the current directory, whichever is
- --mode bug|patch
- -m bug|patch
- Mode of operation. Should rarely be needed.
Determines the meaning of the arguments. bug means that the first
argument is a bug number, and the second argument is a patch file name.
patch means the opposite.
Determined from the first non-option argument and whether it looks like a
bug number or a patch file name.
- All operations that require network are replaced with
stubs, allowing for off-line testing.
- --ticket number
- If present, the information is submitted to the ticket as
an additional comment.
If missing, a new ticket is created.
- --tracker name
- -t name
- Tracker used by the distribution. dpt forward
currently supports cpan (<http://rt.cpan.org>) and
github. The default is determined from the
"resources->bugtracker->web" field of META. If that
field is not present, cpan is used.
- --tracker-url url
- -u url
- Tracker URL to submit the information to. Taken from the
"resources->bugtracker->web" field of META or the
"Bug-Database" field in debian/upstream/metadata.
Defaults to "https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=
dist-name" for cpan and is mandatory for
- Send bug and patch submissions by e-mail instead of
creating an issue or pull request via API. As the resulting ticket URL is
not known to dpt forward, it cannot mark patch and bug as
- --mailto address
- This option sets the e-mail address to forward to. The
default is determined from the
"resources->bugtracker->mailto" field of META or
CPAN RT bug address if that field is not present.
- Enable fallback to forwarding patches as bug reports when
pull requests fail for any reason. Defaults to false.
- Your pause credentials. At least user and
password are needed in order to create tickets on rt.cpan.org via
REST API. dpt forward will fall back to email (slower, won't mark
patches and bugs forwarded) otherwise.
- In order to perform github operations, DPT_GITHUB_OAUTH
must be set. See dpt-github-oauth(1) on how to obtain an access
token for your github account, and dpt-config(5) on storing
settings permanently in dpt.conf.
LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT¶
- Copyright 2016 Alex Muntada.
- Copyright 2014 Salvatore Bonaccorso.
- Copyright 2014 Damyan Ivanov.
- Copyright 2011 Alessandro Ghedini.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; or the Artistic License.
for more information.