dpt-forward - Forward a bug or a patch upstream
dpt forward [option...] path/to/some.patch [bug-number]
dpt forward [option...] bug-number [path/to/some.patch]
- --dist name
- -d name
- Distribution name. Determined from META, the "Name" field
in debian/upstream/metadata, the "Homepage" field in
debian/control file or the "Source" field in
debian/copyright, in that order.
- Normally <dpt-forward> checks if the bug/patch is already forwarded
upstream and aborts if so. With this option, the check is still done, but
execution is not aborted and only a warning is issued.
- --meta file
- Specifies the location of the META file. Defaults to
META.json or META.yml in the current directory, whichever is
- --mode bug|patch
- -m bug|patch
- Mode of operation. Should rarely be needed.
Determines the meaning of the arguments. bug means that the first
argument is a bug number, and the second argument is a patch file name.
patch means the opposite.
Determined from the first non-option argument and whether it looks like a
bug number or a patch file name.
- All operations that require network are replaced with stubs, allowing for
- --ticket number
- If present, the information is submitted to the ticket as an additional
If missing, a new ticket is created.
- --tracker name
- -t name
- Tracker used by the distribution. dpt forward currently supports
cpan (<http://rt.cpan.org>) and github. The default is
determined from the "resources->bugtracker->web" field of
META. If that field is not present, cpan is used.
- --tracker-url url
- -u url
- Tracker URL to submit the information to. Taken from the
"resources->bugtracker->web" field of META or the
"Bug-Database" field in debian/upstream/metadata.
Defaults to "https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=
dist-name" for cpan and is mandatory for
- Send bug and patch submissions by e-mail instead of creating an issue or
pull request via API. As the resulting ticket URL is not known to dpt
forward, it cannot mark patch and bug as forwarded.
- --mailto address
- This option sets the e-mail address to forward to. The default is
determined from the "resources->bugtracker->mailto" field
of META or CPAN RT bug address if that field is not present.
- Enable fallback to forwarding patches as bug reports when pull requests
fail for any reason. Defaults to false.
- Your pause credentials. At least user and password are
needed in order to create tickets on rt.cpan.org via REST API. dpt
forward will fall back to email (slower, won't mark patches and bugs
- In order to perform github operations, DPT_GITHUB_OAUTH must be set. See
dpt-github-oauth(1) on how to obtain an access token for your
github account, and dpt-config(5) on storing settings permanently
LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT¶
- Copyright 2016 Alex Muntada.
- Copyright 2014 Salvatore Bonaccorso.
- Copyright 2014 Damyan Ivanov.
- Copyright 2011 Alessandro Ghedini.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of either: the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; or the Artistic License.
for more information.