|OPENMSX(1)||General Commands Manual||OPENMSX(1)|
NAME¶openmsx — perfectly emulate the MSX standard and more
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the openmsx command.
This manual page is mainly meant to point to the available documentation in the HTML format; see below.
openmsx is the MSX emulator that aims for perfection.
Supported file types of MSX media:
- cas: tape image in fMSX CAS format
- di1, di2, dsk, xsa: disk image
- rom: ROM image of a cartridge
- wav: Raw tape image, as recorded from real tape
- ogv: Video recording, as recorded from real Laserdisc Player
Zlib compressed files can also be used.
OPTIONS¶The program follows the usual a command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). Some commands also start with one dash. A short summary of options is included below.
- -h --help
- Show summary of options; at least a completer summary than this one.
- -v --version
- Show version of program.
- -cart -carta -cartb
- Insert the ROM file (cartridge) specified in argument
- Put WAV or CAS tape image specified in argument in virtual cassette player
- Enable external control of openMSX process
- -diska -diskb
- Insert the disk image specified in argument
- Insert the extension specified in argument
- Use machine specified in argument
- Put ogv video file specified in argument in virtual Laserdisc player
- Load an alternative settings file
SEE ALSO¶openmsx-catapult (1).
The program is documented fully by openMSX User's Manual and the openMSX Setup Guide, available in HTML at the location /usr/share/doc/openmsx/manual on most systems.
AUTHOR¶This manual page was originally written by Joost Yervante Damad email@example.com for the Debian system, but is now maintained by the openMSX team. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.