|PTS_SLEEP(1)||AFS Command Reference||PTS_SLEEP(1)|
NAME¶pts_sleep - Pauses for a few seconds
SYNOPSIS¶pts sleep [-delay] <# of seconds> [-cell] <cell name> [-noauth] [-localauth] [-force] [-help] [-auth] [-encrypt] [-config <config directory>]
pts sl [-d] <# of seconds> [-c] <cell name> [-n] [-l] [-f] [-h] [-a] [-e] [-co <config directory>]
DESCRIPTION¶The pts sleep pauses for a specified number of seconds. The command can be run from the command line or interactively, although from the command line it's essentially equivalent to the sleep command. It is intended for use in interactive mode to pause for a few seconds between batch commands to allow the Protection Server to catch up.
CAUTIONS¶Prior to OpenAFS 1.4.5 and OpenAFS 1.5.23, the pts sleep command was only available on Unix or Linux and when OpenAFS was compiled with the supergroups option (disabled by default). As of OpenAFS 1.4.5 and 1.5.23, it is always available.
OPTIONS¶Although they have no effect, pts sleep takes the following standard pts options:
- -delay <# of seconds>
- Specifies the amount of time to sleep, in seconds.
- Use the calling user's tokens to communicate with the Protection Server. For more details, see pts(1).
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. For more details, see pts(1).
- -config <config directory>
- Use an alternate config directory. For more details, see pts(1).
- Encrypts any communication with the Protection Server. For more details, see pts(1).
- Enables the command to continue executing as far as possible when errors or other problems occur, rather than halting execution at the first error.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see pts(1).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. For more details, see pts(1).
OUTPUT¶This command produces no output.
EXAMPLES¶Here is an example of a pts interactive session:
% pts interactive pts> sleep 5 pts> quit %
SEE ALSO¶pts(1), pts_interactive(1)
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright 2007 Jason Edgecombe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This documentation is covered by the BSD License as written in the doc/LICENSE file. This man page was written by Jason Edgecombe for OpenAFS.