|FS_MESSAGES(1)||AFS Command Reference||FS_MESSAGES(1)|
fs_messages - Sets whether the Cache Manager writes log messages
fs messages [-show (user|console|all|none)] [-help]
fs me [-s (user|console|all|none)] [-h]
The fs messages command controls whether the Cache Manager displays status and warning messages on user screens, the client machine console, on both, or on neither.
There are two types of Cache Manager messages:
- User messages provide user-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to user screens.
- Console messages provide system-level status and warning information, and the Cache Manager directs them to the client machine's designated console.
Disabling messaging completely is not recommended, because the messages provide useful status and warning information.
- -show (user|console|all|none)
- Specifies the types of messages to display. Choose one of the following values:
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
The following command instructs the Cache Manager to display both types of messages:
% fs messages -show all
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root.
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.