|BOS_START(8)||AFS Command Reference||BOS_START(8)|
bos_start - Starts a process after setting its status flag
-server <machine name>
-instance <server process name>+ [-cell <cell name>]
[-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
-s <machine name>
-i <server process name>+
[-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]
The bos start command sets the status flag for each process specified by the -instance argument to "Run" in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file and in the BOS Server's memory on the server machine named by the -server argument, then starts it. If the process is already running, the command's only effect is to guarantee that the status flag is "Run"; it does not restart the process.
To start a process without changing its status flag in the BosConfig file, use the bos startup command instead.
- -server <machine name>
- Indicates the server machine on which to start processes. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).
- -instance <server process name>+
- Names each process to start. Use the process name assigned with the -instance argument to the bos create command. The output from the bos status command lists the names.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile or /etc/openafs/server/KeyFileExt file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8).
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
The following command changes the status flag for the "upclientbin" and "upclientetc" processes to "Run" in the BosConfig file on the machine "fs6.example.com" and starts them running.
% bos start -server fs6.example.com -instance upclientbin upclientetc
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.