|sane-sm3840(5)||SANE Scanner Access Now Easy||sane-sm3840(5)|
sane-sm3840 - SANE backend for Microtek scanners with SCAN08 USB chip
The sane-sm3840 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to some Microtek scanners with the SCAN08 USB chip.
There also exists a Microtek 3600 series driver, see sane-sm3600(5) for details.
At present, the following scanners are known positively to work with this backend:
Vendor Product ID: Remark: -------- -------------- ----------- Microtek ScanMaker 3840 All modes OK Microtek ScanMaker 4800 All modes OK
If you own a Microtek scanner with the SCAN08 chip other than the ones listed above, it may or may not work with SANE. Feel free to contact the backend author (email@example.com) to report results with scanners not on the list.
The following options are supported by the sane-sm3840 driver:
- --mode color|gray|lineart|halftone
- Color or grayscale mode.
- --resolution 150|300|600|1200
- Pixels per inch for scans.
- --depth 8|16
- Note that the least significant bits of 16bpp mode may be noise.
- --brightness 1..4096
- Higher numbers increase brightness of returned image.
- --contrast 0.1..9.9
- Larger numbers decrease contrast of returned image.
- --lamp-timeout 1..15
- Time in minutes until the lamp is turned off after a scan.
This backend does not support a configuration file right now.
- The static library implementing this backend.
- The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading).
- If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity. To see error messages on stderr set SANE_DEBUG_SM3840 to 1.
Earle F. Philhower III <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|11 Jul 2008|