table of contents
|roarvs(7)||System Manager's Manual: RoarAuido||roarvs(7)|
libroar - RoarAudio sound library
roarvs - RoarAudio very simple API
roar_vs_t * vss;
The VS (for Very Simple) API is a high level abstraction layer used to allow use of RoarAudio from very simple programs. The API was designed to help people to easly upgrade existing artsc and pulse-simple code to RoarAudio. While the API is equivalently simple it is much more powerful than one one by aRtsc or PulseAudio.
The VS API also has a mode to play back (and record) files easly. As this uses VIO/DSTR it can handle streams as well.
Tutorials can be found in roartut(7).
There are several important functions. This is a small list of the most important ones.
- Error handling
- roar_vs_new(3), roar_vs_new_simple(3), roar_vs_new_playback(3), roar_vs_new_from_file(3)
- Reading and writing
- roar_vs_read(3), roar_vs_write(3)
- Non-Blocking and Asyncron IO
- roar_vs_blocking(3), roar_vio_select(3)
- Volume and Flags
- roar_vs_pause(3), roar_vs_mute(3), roar_vs_volume_mono(3), roar_vs_volume_stereo(3), roar_vs_volume_get(3)
- Meta data
- roar_vs_meta(3), roar_vs_role(3)
- File mode
- roar_vs_file(3), roar_vs_file_simple(3), roar_vs_iterate(3), roar_vs_run(3)
- Buffered mode
- roar_vs_buffer(3), roar_vs_iterate(3), roar_vs_run(3)