名前¶guestfs-release-notes - libguestfs リリースノート
RELEASE NOTES FOR LIBGUESTFS 1.14¶These release notes only cover the differences from the previous stable/dev branch split (1.12.0). For detailed changelogs, please see the git repository, or the ChangeLog file distributed in the tarball.
Erlang bindings. virt-alignment-scan is a new tool to check the alignment of partitions within virtual machines or disk images. virt-sparsify is a new tool to make virtual machine disk images sparse. virt-sysprep is a new tool to make cloning guests from a template simpler.
- New commands setenv, unsetenv, to set environment variables. - The input file and line number is printed in error messages. - guestfish progress bars are now a "mini-library" used by other tools too.
- the --live option (for access to live VMs) now works.
- virt-cat can now handle Windows paths and drive letters (RHBZ#693359).
- the MBR partition type byte is displayed in --long output.
- virt-make-fs now sets the MBR partition type byte correctly, improving compatibility with Windows (RHBZ#746295).
- virt-resize can now work with guests using extended and logical partitions, in particular Ubuntu guests. - virt-resize can now align the first partition of Windows guests, improving performance. The new virt-resize --align-first option controls this behaviour. - The virt-resize --machine-readable flag makes it possible to use virt-resize from other programs. - Partitions are now aligned to 128 sectors (usually 64K) by default. This improves efficiency on high-end storage. The new virt-resize --alignment option allows the alignment to be adjusted.
- The syntax for deleting registry keys and values is documented in the man page (RHBZ#737944).
- non-printing characters are escaped correctly in debug output. - GUESTFS_EVENT_ENTER is a new event type generated whenever a libguestfs function is called. - the library contains systemtap/DTrace probes. - the library can now be compiled without hivex (RHBZ#723474).
- Improve detection of Windows disks. - Adds support for: ttylinux - a minimal Linux Mageia (thanks Michael Scherer) OpenSUSE and zypper (thanks Michael Scherer, Vincent Untz) Ubuntu logos (thanks Michael Scherer) NetBSD and pkgsrc (thanks Michael Scherer) - Handle some guest types that use /dev/root in /etc/fstab. - Fix handling of guests with > 26 disks (thanks Matthew Booth) - Add support for guests with HP Smart Array disks (thanks Matthew Booth)
- FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL, FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES environment variables can be set in order to choose which kernel to use for the appliance.
- ArchLinux support now working with Linux 3.0 (thanks Erik Nolte) - libvirt disks marked <readonly/> are now added readonly when using the virt-tools '-d' option.
(no security problems were found or fixed in this release)
compress-out, compress-device-out, copy-device-to-device, copy-device-to-file, copy-file-to-device, copy-file-to-file, get-smp, part-to-partnum, set-smp. The mount API no longer implicitly adds -o sync,noatime options. add-domain has a new 'readonlydisk' optional parameter to control how <readonly/> disks are handled.
- Coverity was run on the source and more bugs were identified and fixed. - PCRE library is now required to build libguestfs. - APIC is now the default for the appliance. You can also enable SMP support in the appliance. - OCaml bindings now correctly acquire GC lock during callbacks. - Out of tree builds should now work correctly (thanks Hilko Bengen). - ./configure --with-extra="..." can be used by packagers to set the extra version string. - zero, zero-device APIs: if the blocks already contain zeroes, don't write zeroes, so that we don't unnecessarily make the underlying storage non-sparse. - is-zero, is-zero-device APIs: optimize these so zero detection is faster.
- 748266 libguestfs should detect versions of qemu which require -machine pc option - 747290 libguestfs ignores <readonly/> in libvirt XML - 747287 Misleading error message when permission denied opening a disk image - 746295 virt-make-fs doesn't set partition ID - 744795 guestmount --live is not usable - 737944 virt-win-reg hyphen (delete key) syntax may be wrong, and is not documented - 733297 ruby event handlers fail with "exception in callback: wrong argument type Proc (expected Data)" - 731744 libguestfs should escape special/non-printing characters in debug output - 729887 appliance crashes running aug_init with flags=4 - 729075 libguestfs confuses Hp_recovery partition with Windows root filesystem - 727178 error: luks_open: cryptsetup: error while loading shared libraries: libfipscheck.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - 726739 libguestfs: error: aug_get: no matching node, trying to find hostname - 723474 If hivex and/or pcre not installed, libguestfs fails to compile - 693359 virt-cat and virt-edit don't handle case sensitive NTFS paths properly - 678231 virt-inspector reports unknown filesystem UUID - 671082 libguestfs does not work with kernel-rt - 666578 libguestfs: unknown filesystem label SWAP-sda2 - 642821 virt-resize falls over on a disk image with a logical swap partition
関連項目¶guestfs-examples(1), guestfs-faq(1), guestfs-performance(1), guestfs-recipes(1), guestfs-testing(1), guestfs(3), guestfish(1), http://libguestfs.org/
著者¶Richard W.M. Jones
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright (C) 2009-2020 Red Hat Inc.
BUGS¶To get a list of bugs against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
To report a new bug against libguestfs, use this link: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Virtualization+Tools
When reporting a bug, please supply:
- The version of libguestfs.
- Where you got libguestfs (eg. which Linux distro, compiled from source, etc)
- Describe the bug accurately and give a way to reproduce it.
- Run libguestfs-test-tool(1) and paste the complete, unedited output into the bug report.