|Gnome2(3pm)||User Contributed Perl Documentation||Gnome2(3pm)|
Gnome2 - Perl interface to the 2.x series of the GNOME libraries
use Gnome2; Gnome2::Program->init ($appname, $appversion); my $app = Gnome2::App->new ($appname); $app->show; Gtk2->main;
Perl bindings to the 2.x series of the GNOME libraries. This module allows you to interface with the libgnome and libgnomeui libraries to create GNOME applications.
Since this module tries to stick very closely to the C API, the documentation found at
is the canonical reference.
In addition to that, there's also the automatically generated API documentation: Gnome2::index(3pm).
The mapping described in Gtk2::api(3pm) also applies to this module.
To discuss this module, ask questions and flame/praise the authors, join email@example.com at lists.gnome.org.
- Use gnome_app_fill_menu instead.
- Use gnome_app_fill_toolbar instead.
- Use gnome_app_create_menus instead.
- Use gnome_app_create_toolbar instead.
- Use gnome_app_insert_menus instead.
- Gnome2::Program->get has been renamed to ->get_program to avoid a clash with GObject->get.
- Gtk2::Menu->attach has been renamed to ->attach_to to avoid a clash with gtk_menu_attach.
- Gtk2::Menu->append has been renamed to ->append_from to avoid a clash with gtk_menu_shell_append.
DIFFERENT CALL SIGNATURES OR SEMANTICS¶
- Instead of argc and argv you simply pass in a list.
- Gnome2::Program->init automagically fills argc and argv so just omit these parameters.
perl(1), Gnome2::index(3pm), Glib(3pm), Gtk2(3pm), Gtk2::api(3pm).
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org> did the initial stuff.
Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch at gmx dot de> took over between 0.34 and 0.36, and implemented lots of tests and missing functionality, and corrected several of muppet's mistakes.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶
Copyright (C) 2003-2006, 2013 by the gtk2-perl team (see the file AUTHORS)
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
See the LICENSE file in the top level of this distribution for the complete license terms.