Scroll to navigation
sotruss - trace shared library calls through PLT
sotruss [OPTION...] [--] EXECUTABLE
sotruss is a small wrapper around ld.so that runs the specified
executable until it exits. It intercepts and produce a trace of the
dynamic library calls which are called by the executed process via the
Procedure Linkage Table (PLT). It outputs the caller, the calle and the
parameters as each call is executed.
- -F, --from FROMLIST
- Trace calls from objects on FROMLIST.
- -T, --to TOLIST
- Trace calls to objects on TOLIST.
- -e, --exit
- Also show exits from the function calls.
- -f, --follow
- Trace child processes as they are created by currently traced processes as
a result of the fork(2) system call.
- -o, --output FILENAME
- Write output to FILENAME (or FILENAME. in case -f is also used)
instead of standard error.
- -?, --help
- Give this help list
- Give a short usage message
- Print program version
Written by Ulrich Drepper.
Copyright © 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.