|KXTERM(1)||General Commands Manual||KXTERM(1)|
NAME¶kxterm - the CERN KUIP terminal emulator
SYNOPSIS¶kxterm [class] [options]
DESCRIPTION¶kxterm is a terminal emulator combining the best features of the (now defunct) Apollo DM pads (like: input and transcript pads, automatic file backup of transcript pad, string search in pads, etc.) and the Korn shell emacs-style command line editing and command line recall mechanism. For more detailed information about the program, please see the online help available from the kxterm Help menu.
kxterm has a number of X resources which can be set by the user; these are listed in the online help and in the file /etc/X11/app-defaults/KXterm, where the default values are set. It should be noted that when kxterm is acting as a client for another application, the desired X resource should be prefixed by "Kx" plus the class name of the application. So for application "Foo" the kxterm resource class would be KxFoo, and one would set KxFoo*background, etc. One can also set the resource class of a kxterm window via the command-line with the class argument.
- -font fn
- Specifies the font used by kxterm. The font fn must be an XLFD (X Logical Font Description), as for example displayed by the xlsfonts program.
- -geometry geom
- Specifies the preferred size and position of the kxterm window; see X(7x) for details.
- -h, -help
- Show a summary of options.
- Specifies that the window manager should start kxterm as an icon.
- -n iconname
- Specifies the name of the kxterm window in an iconic state.
- -name name
- Specifies both the title and the iconized name of the kxterm window.
- -pid pid
- Specifies the process ID of the program that kxterm should act as a client for.
- -prompt prompt
- Sets the prompt displayed in the input pad of the program.
- -tfont fn
- Specifies the font used by text boxes, the input pad, and the transcript pad of the program. This should probably be a fixed-width font like "courier" or "fixed".
- -title title
- Sets the title of the kxterm window to title.
SEE ALSO¶• xlsfonts(1) - a program to list available fonts on an X server
• paw++(1) - a program using kxterm for its command interface
• the online help available from kxterm's Help menu
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Kevin McCarty <email@example.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).
|January 24, 2003|