hp-probe - Printer Discovery Utility
Discover HPLIP supported USB, parallel, and network attached printers.
- Bus to probe:
- -b<bus> or --bus=<bus> <bus>: cups, usb*, net, bt, fw,
par (*default) (Note: bt and fw not supported in this release.)
- Set Time to Live (TTL):
- -t<ttl> or --ttl=<ttl> (Default is 4).
- Set timeout:
- -o<timeout in secs.> or --timeout=<timeout is secs.>
- Filter by functionality:
- -e<filter list> or --filter=<filter list> <filter list>:
comma separated list of one or more of: scan, pcard, fax, copy, or none*.
(*none is the default)
- -s<search re> or --search=<search re> <search re> must
be a valid regular expression (not case sensitive)
- Network discovery method:
- -m<method> or --method=<method>: <method> is 'slp'* or
- Set the logging level:
- -l<level> or --logging=<level> <level>: none, info*,
error, warn, debug (*default)
- Run in debug mode:
- -g (same as option: -ldebug)
- This help information:
- -h or --help
- Find all devices on the network:
- hp-probe -bnet
- Find all devices on USB that support scanning:
- hp-probe -busb -escan
- Find all networked devices that contain the name 'lnx' and that support
photo cards or scanning:
- hp-probe -bnet -slnx -escan,pcard
- Find all devices that have queues installed in CUPS:
- hp-probe -bcups
- Find all devices on the USB bus:
HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing,
scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux.
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to
get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or
otherwise contact the HPLIP Team.
Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, L.P.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free
software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See
COPYING file for more details.