hp-config_usb_printer - HP device config using USB
Udev invokes this tool. Tool detects the plugin, Smart Install (C/DVD-ROM) issues and notifies to logged-in user. Tool also downloads firmware to the device.
hp-config_usb_printer [OPTIONS] [USB bus:device]
- USB bus:device :
- "xxx:yyy" where 'xxx' is the USB bus and 'yyy' is the USB device. (Note: The ':' and all leading zeros must be present.) Use the 'lsusb' command to obtain this information.
- USB, IDs specified:
- $hp-config_usb_printer 001:002
- 1. Using 'lsusb' to obtain USB IDs: (example)
- $ lsusb
- Bus 003 Device 011: ID 03f0:c202 Hewlett-Packard
- $ hp-config_usb_printer 003:011
- (Note: You may have to run 'lsusb' from /sbin or another location. Use '$ locate lsusb' to determine this.)
HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing) is an HP developed solution for printing, scanning, and faxing with HP inkjet and laser based printers in Linux.
The HPLIP Launchpad.net site https://launchpad.net/hplip is available to get help, report bugs, make suggestions, discuss the HPLIP project or otherwise contact the HPLIP Team.
Copyright (c) 2001-18 HP Development Company, L.P.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.