|gnustep-examples(1)||GNUstep System Manual||gnustep-examples(1)|
NAME¶gnustep-examples - various example GNUstep tools/applications
SYNOPSIS¶[ example program ]
DESCRIPTION¶GNUstep Examples are a compilation of applications and tools to demonstrate and test the abilities of certain GNUstep classes. Some of them are useful enough on their own; others are included purely for testing purposes.
Here is a short description of the programs in alphabetical order:
- Fully functional, but very simple calculator which supports only basic arithmetic functions. EdenMath(1) and Stepulator(1) are much more user-friendly and powerful.
- Simple currency converter.
- Tests for various GNUstep GUI classes, combined in one application.
- A text editor that supports both plain text and RTF/RTFD. Usually the “standard” test application, especially for the NSDocument class.
- This tool creates an md5 digest using the example filter based on what type of file is being accessed.
- Test application for the NSBrowser class.
- Test application for the NSImage class.
- Test application for the NSPanel class.
- Test application for the NSScreen class. Usually used to check the display's capabilities.
OPTIONS¶All programs do not accept any options except the standard GNUstep ones. md5Digest reads files from the standard input.
AUTHORS¶The GNUstep Examples were written by various GNUstep developers.
This manual page was added by Yavor Doganov <email@example.com>.
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 1997-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved.
|May 26, 2010||GNUstep|