|GERMINATE-PKG-DIFF(1)||General Commands Manual||GERMINATE-PKG-DIFF(1)|
germinate-pkg-diffcompares the expansion of a list of seed packages against the set of packages installed on the current system. When constructing seeds for a software distribution, it can be used to iteratively find packages installed on developers' systems that should be included in the seeds.
A list of seeds against which to compare may be supplied as non-option arguments. Seeds from which they inherit will be added automatically. The default is ‘desktop’.
- Read the list of currently installed packages from
file. The default is to read the output of
-get-selections, and any supplied file should be in the same format.
- Set the output mode as follows:
- Show the
dpkgselections needed to install just these seeds. List unseeded but installed files as “deinstall”, and seeded but uninstalled files as “install”.
- List unseeded but installed files as “install”, and seeded but uninstalled files as “deinstall”.
- Show the differences between the packages specified by the seeds and
the list of installed packages, in a somewhat
- Fetch seeds from the specified sources. The default is http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/seeds/.
- Fetch seeds for distribution dist. The default is
- Operate on the specified distributions. The default is
bionic. Listing multiple distributions may be useful, for example, when examining both a released distribution and its security updates.
- Operate on architecture arch. The default is
ris useless as
AUTHORS¶Lamont Jones ⟨firstname.lastname@example.org⟩
Colin Watson ⟨email@example.com⟩
germinate-pkg-diff is copyright ©
2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Canonical Ltd. See the
GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. A copy
of the GNU General Public License is available in
|July 18, 2007||Ubuntu|