schdiff - Graphical diff tool for schematics
schdiff infile1.sch infile2.sch
The schdiff program will use ImageMagick(1) to display a graphical diff of two gschem schematic files. It's most useful when combined with a revision control system so it can compare two revisions of the same file, review changes, etc. However, it is limited in that it can only compare two files at a time; it cannot diff entire directories nor can it diff an entire revision (unless that revision affected only one file). It can easily be configured to work with most revision control systems. Here are instructions for three:
git: Use the difftool command exactly as you would use diff , but supply the -x schdiff option.
mercurial: Use the schdiff command exactly as you would use diff , but add the following lines to your .hgrc:
cmd.schdiff = schdiff
subversion: Use the diff command like normal, but supply the --diff-cmd schdiff option.
- Use git to view the changes to a file between two revisions
- git difftool -x schdiff 182110f690c51eb53ea1799fd022e87322d742e3 039e012397f2638d1577dd7c80fb862a5503dbfd cpu.sch
- Use mercurial to see all the changes since a specific revision
- hg schdiff -r 8442880f9835 cpld.sch
- Use subversion to review a specific revision
- svn diff --diff-cmd schdiff -c 49 power.sch
If you find one, please report it at https://bugs.launchpad.net/geda
composite(1), display(1), git(1), gschem(1), hg(1), svn(1)
|September 25th, 2013||gEDA Project|