olib - OrCAD(tm) library part to gEDA .sym converter
olib filename prefix
olib is a simple automated converter from OrCAD v4 (in SDT version 1.10) ASCII parts library to gEDA component definition in .sym format file. It allow an initial dumb conversion file to file, with one lib converted in multiple .sym file, one per component in library. The converted component file may need a little editing to become usable, but in some case needs no editing at all. olib will write one file per part in the current directory.
- Convert box-shaped components in OrCAD lib to .sym file in gEDA format;
- Place pin, pin name, pin type, pin number;
- Place logic bubble when needed (DOT attribute in OrCAD (TM), for logic negation);
- Place clock arrow when needed (CLK attribute);
- Place reference, from REFERENCE statement in OrCAD;
- Place part name as label and device name as attribute;
- Parse and draw non-box component, with LINE, ARC, CIRCLE and TEXT;
- Add power pin as invisible net=name:pin attribute when detected (in OrCAD, invisible pin has typically T0 and B0 coords);
- Through a command line switch, hides pin name in VECTOR drawn symbols, for a better appearance;
- Write both new (post-20020825) and old (20020209) file format for .sym files through a switch on the command line;
olib has the following limitations:
- olib will not parse and store alternate component drawing (statement CONVERT in OrCAD);
- olib will not handle drawing part using VECTOR list from another part (statement VECTOR 'partname' in OrCAD);
- olib will not handle FILL statement in VECTOR statement (no equivalent in gEDA);
- olib will not handle multiple part in one package (slots in gEDA).
Mario Pascucci <email@example.com>
Copyright © 1999-2011 gEDA Contributors. License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later. Please see the `COPYING' file included with this program for full details.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
|September 25th, 2013||gEDA Project|