- experimental 4.9.8-1+exp1
|ipa-backup(1)||IPA Manual Pages||ipa-backup(1)|
ipa-backup - Back up an IPA master
Two kinds of backups: full and data-only.
- The back up is optionally encrypted using either the default root GPG key or a named key. No passphrase is supported.
- Backups are stored in a subdirectory in /var/lib/ipa/backup.
- The naming convention for full backups is ipa-full-YEAR-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS in the GMT time zone.
- The naming convention for data backups is ipa-data-YEAR-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS In the GMT time zone.
- Within the subdirectory is file, header, that describes the back up including the type, system, date of backup, the version of IPA, the version of the backup and the services on the master.
- A backup can not be restored on another host.
- A backup can not be restored in a different version of IPA.
- Back up data only. The default is to back up all IPA files plus data.
- Encrypt the back up file. Set GNUPGHOME environment variable to use a custom keyring and gpg2 configuration.
- Include the IPA service log files in the backup.
- Perform the backup on-line. Requires the --data option.
- Perform the backup even if this host does not have all the roles in use in the cluster. This is not recommended.
- --v, --verbose
- Print debugging information
- -d, --debug
- Alias for --verbose
- -q, --quiet
- Output only errors
- Log to the given file
0 if the command was successful
1 if an error occurred
2 if IPA is not configured
GNUPGHOME Use custom GnuPG keyring and settings (default: ~/.gnupg).
|Mar 22 2013||IPA|