|FGALLERY(1)||General Commands Manual||FGALLERY(1)|
fgalleryis a static photo gallery generator with no frills that has a stylish, minimalist look.
-soption is used.
fgallery reads in JPEG, PNG and TIFF
images, and automatically generates preview images, backdrops and thumbnails
using ImageMagick(1). It will automatically correct the
orientation of the generated images using EXIF tags in the original images,
using either exiftran(1) or
exifautotran(1). It can also optimize the generation of
thumbnails by centering on faces if the
-f option is
used and facedetect(1) is installed. The generated images
are automatically optimized using jpegoptim(1) and/or
pngcrush(1) if these programs are installed. If the
original images contain color profiles, then the generated images will be
converted to the sRGB colorspace using tificc(1) if that
program is installed, unless the
--no-sRGB option is
fgallery can also add captions to images.
These can either be read from the EXIF headers (using the Title, Description
and optionally the Comment tags), or from an external file (using the same
filename as the image but with a .txt or .xmp extension). The
-c option can be used to control which methods of
caption extraction will be used.
You have to manually specify the directory with the original image
files and the desired output directory for the web gallery. Optionally, you
can specify a title for the gallery. By default, the gallery will include a
downloadable ZIP archive with the complete photo album, unless either the
-s option is used.
After the gallery has been generated, you may have to change the file
permissions using chmod(1) to allow them to be read by
- Display a list of options.
- Verbose output (show commands as being executed).
- Slim output (no original files and downloads).
- Include individual originals in the generated album.
- Do not auto-orient images.
- Do not sort images on time.
- Reverse the order of the images.
- Do not automatically include full-sized panoramas.
- Do not generate a full album download.
- Improve thumbnail cutting by performing face detection. Requires facedetect(1) to be installed.
- Set the caption extraction method (txt, xmp, exif, cmt or none). Multiple methods can be specified by giving a comma-separated list. The default is txt,xmp,exif.
- Use N threads to process the images.
- Set the maximum full image size to WxH pixels. The default is 1600x1200 pixels.
- Set the maximum size of thumbnails to WxH pixels. The default is 267x200 pixels.
- Set the minimum size of thumbnails to WxH pixels. The default is 150x112 pixels.
- Do not try to remap preview and thumbnail image color profiles to sRGB.
- Set the JPEG quality of the preview images to Q. The default is 90.
- Specify the URL location for the index and back buttons.
SEE ALSO¶ImageMagick(1), exiftran(1), exifautotran(1), jpegoptim(1), pngcrush(1), tificc(1), facedetect(1) (see https://www.thregr.org/~wavexx/software/facedetect/).
fgallerywas written by Yuri D'Elia ⟨email@example.com⟩.