fai-setup - Setup script for Fully Automatic Installation (FAI)
Fully Automatic Installation (FAI) is used to provide unattended installation of
Debian GNU/Linux operating systems with a very flexible class-based system.
fai-setup creates the initial NFSROOT directory and the configuration space.
It sets up the NFS exports configuration file (/etc/exports), and create the
initial fai user that is used for copying over the installation logs to a
centralized directory on the server. fai-make-nfsroot(8) is called to create
the initial NFS root directory.
fai-setup should be called after each change to
- All options are also passed to fai-make-nfsroot.
- -C CFDIR
- Use CFDIR as configuration directory. Default is /etc/fai. You can also
set the environment variable FAI_ETC_DIR.
- Expert mode. Do not add entries to /etc/export, do not restart the nfs
server, and do not add to /var/log/fai/variables.
- The FAI configuration file.
- The configuration file for fai-make-nfsroot.
- The NFS configuration file for exported filesystems.
- The script will write the values of FAI_CONFIGDIR and FAI_CONFIG_SRC to
Thomas Lange <firstname.lastname@example.org>