NAME¶eximstats - generates statistics from Exim mainlog or syslog files.
eximstats [Output] [Options] mainlog1 mainlog2 ... eximstats -merge [Options] report.1.txt report.2.txt ... > weekly_report.txt
- Output the results in plain text to STDOUT.
- Output the results in plain text. Filename '-' for STDOUT is accepted.
- Output the results in HTML to STDOUT.
- Output the results in HTML. Filename '-' for STDOUT is accepted.
- Output the results in Excel compatible Format to STDOUT. Requires the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel CPAN module.
- Output the results in Excel compatible format. Filename '-' for STDOUT is accepted.
- histogram divisions per hour. The default is 1, and 0 suppresses
histograms. Valid values are:
0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 60.
- Don't display error information.
- Don't display relaying information.
- Don't display relaying information that matches.
- Don't display transport information.
- Don't display transport information that matches
- List of times for queuing information single 0 item suppresses.
- Display top <number> sources/destinations default is 50, 0 suppresses top listing.
- Omit local sources/destinations in top listing.
- Include remote users in the top source/destination listings.
- Include the original destination email addresses rather than just using the final ones. Useful for finding out which of your mailing lists are receiving mail.
- Show the delivery times (DT)for all the messages.
Exim must have been configured to use the +deliver_time logging option for this option to work.
list is an optional list of times. Eg -show_dt1,2,4,8 will show the number of messages with delivery times under 1 second, 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, and over 8 seconds.
- Show the receipt times for all the messages. The receipt time is defined
as the Completed hh:mm:ss - queue_time_overall - the Receipt hh:mm:ss.
These figures will be skewed by pipelined messages so might not be that
Exim must have been configured to use the +queue_time_overall logging option for this option to work.
list is an optional list of times. Eg -show_rt1,2,4,8 will show the number of messages with receipt times under 1 second, 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 8 seconds, and over 8 seconds.
- Show results by sending host. This may be combined with -bydomain and/or -byemail and/or -byedomain. If none of these options are specified, then -byhost is assumed as a default.
- Show results by sending domain. May be combined with -byhost and/or -byemail and/or -byedomain.
- Show results by sender's email address. May be combined with -byhost and/or -bydomain and/or -byedomain.
- -byemaildomain or -byedomain
- Show results by sender's email domain. May be combined with -byhost and/or -bydomain and/or -byemail.
- -pattern Description /Pattern/
- Look for the specified pattern and count the number of lines in which it
appears. This option can be specified multiple times. Eg:
-pattern 'Refused connections' '/refused connection/'
- This option allows eximstats to merge old eximstat reports together. Eg:
eximstats mainlog.sun > report.sun.txt eximstats mainlog.mon > report.mon.txt eximstats mainlog.tue > report.tue.txt eximstats mainlog.wed > report.web.txt eximstats mainlog.thu > report.thu.txt eximstats mainlog.fri > report.fri.txt eximstats mainlog.sat > report.sat.txt eximstats -merge report.*.txt > weekly_report.txt eximstats -merge -html report.*.txt > weekly_report.html
- You can merge text or html reports and output the results as text or html.
- You can use all the normal eximstat output options, but only data included in the original reports can be shown!
- When merging reports, some loss of accuracy may occur in the top n lists. This will be towards the ends of the lists.
- The order of items in the top n lists may vary when the data volumes round to the same value.
- Create graphical charts to be displayed in HTML output. Only valid in
combination with -html.
This requires the following modules which can be obtained from http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html
To install these, download and unpack them, then use the normal perl installation procedure:
perl Makefile.PL make make test make install
On Debian GNU/Linux you can use "apt-get install libgd-perl libgd-text-perl libgd-graph-perl" instead.
- -chartdirI <dir>
- Create the charts in the directory <dir>
- -chartrelI <dir>
- Specify the relative directory for the "img src=" tags from where to include the charts
- Specify that it's OK to not find any valid log lines. Without this we will output an error message if we don't find any.
- Debug flag. This outputs the eval()'d parser onto STDOUT which makes it easier to trap errors in the eval section. Remember to add 1 to the line numbers to allow for the title!
DESCRIPTION¶Eximstats parses exim mainlog and syslog files to output a statistical analysis of the messages processed. By default, a text analysis is generated, but you can request other output formats using flags. See the help (-help) to learn about how to create charts from the tables.
AUTHOR¶There is a website at https://www.exim.org/.
TO DO¶This program does not perfectly handle messages whose received and delivered log lines are in different files, which can happen when you have multiple mail servers and a message cannot be immediately delivered. Fixing this could be tricky...
Merging of xls files is not (yet) possible. Be free to implement :)