md_doc_help_kdb-file - kdb-file(1) -- Displays which file a key is stored in kdb
Where path is the path of a key.
This command prints which file a given key is stored in. While many keys are
stored in a default key database file, many others are stored in any number of
configuration files located all over the system. This tool is made to allow
users to find out the file that a key is actually stored in. This command
makes use of Elektra's resolver plugin which the uer can learn more about
by running the command kdb info resolver.
- -H, --help: Show the man page.
- -V, --version: Print version info.
- -n, --no-newline: Suppress the newline at the end of the
- -N, --namespace ns: Specify the namespace to use when writing
cascading keys. Default: value of /sw/kdb/current/namespace or
- /sw/kdb/current/namespace: Specifies which default namespace should be
used when setting a cascading name. Note, that as root you can set
user/sw/kdb/current/namespace to system to get the expected
default. (by default the namespace is user)
To find which file a key is stored in: kdb file user/example/key