deb-postinst - package post-installation maintainer script
A package can perform several post-installation actions via maintainer scripts, by including an executable postinst file in its control archive (i.e. DEBIAN/postinst during package creation).
The script can be called in the following ways:
- postinst configure old-version
- After the package was installed.
- postinst triggered "trigger-name..."
- After the package was triggered. The list of space-separated trigger-names is passed as the second argument.
- old-postinst abort-upgrade new-version
- If prerm fails during upgrade or fails on failed upgrade.
- old-postinst abort-remove
- If prerm fails during removal.
- postinst abort-deconfigure in-favour new-package new-version
- [ removing old-package old-version ]
- If prerm fails during deconfiguration of a package.
- postinst abort-remove in-favour new-package new-version
- If prerm fails during replacement due to conflict.