|DNDEL(1)||General Commands Manual||DNDEL(1)|
dndel - Delete a file on a VMS system
dndel [options] file-name
dndel deletes files held on VMS systems. The filename parameter may specify a single file or a wildcard (remember to use VMS wildcards).
If you specify -i or -v then dndel will open two connections to the VMS machine (much as VMS itself does). Otherwise it will attempt to use a single connection. One side-effect of this is that the deletion process will fail at the first file that cannot be deleted.
- Interactive. Prompt before deleting a file.
- Verbose. Print the names of files that have been deleted
- -T connect timeout
- Specifies the maximum amount of time the command will wait to establish a connection with the remote node. a 0 here will cause it to wait forever. The default is 60 seconds
- -h -?
- Displays help for using the command.
- Show the version of the tools package that dndel comes from.
dndel -i 'myvax::oldfile;*'
dndel 'tramp"christine pjc123"::interactive'
|October 2 1998||DECnet utilities|