|svc(8)||System Manager's Manual||svc(8)|
NAME¶svc - controls services monitored by supervise(8).
SYNOPSIS¶svc [ -udopchaitkx ] services
DESCRIPTION¶services consists of any number of arguments, each argument naming a directory used by supervise(8).
svc applies all the options to each service in turn.
- Up. If the service is not running, start it. If the service stops, restart it.
- Down. If the service is running, send it a TERM signal and then a CONT signal. After it stops, do not restart it.
- Once. If the service is not running, start it. Do not restart it if it stops.
- Pause. Send the service a STOP signal.
- Continue. Send the service a CONT signal.
- Hangup. Send the service a HUP signal.
- Alarm. Send the service an ALRM signal.
- Interrupt. Send the service an INT signal.
- Terminate. Send the service a TERM signal.
- Kill. Send the service a KILL signal.
- Exit. supervise(8) will exit as soon as the service is down. If you use this option on a stable system, you're doing something wrong; supervise(8) is designed to run forever.