httpd - Cyrus IMAP documentation
HTTP server process
httpd [ -C config-file ] [ -U uses ] [ -T timeout ] [ -D ]
[ -s ] [ -p ssf ] [ -q ]
is an HTTP server. It accepts commands on its standard input and
responds on its standard output. It MUST be invoked by master(8)
descriptors attached to a remote client connection.
reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5)
unless specified otherwise by -C
If the directory <configdirectory>/log/user
will create protocol telemetry logs for sessions authenticating
. The telemetry logs will be stored in the
directory with a filename of the httpd
- -C config-file
- Use the specified configuration file config-file rather than the
- -U uses
- The maximum number of times that the process should be used for new
connections before shutting down. The default is 250.
- -T timeout
- The number of seconds that the process will wait for a new connection
before shutting down. Note that a value of 0 (zero) will disable the
timeout. The default is 60.
- Run external debugger specified in debug_command.
- Serve HTTP over SSL (https). All data to and from httpd is
encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer.
- -p ssf
- Tell httpd that an external layer exists. An SSF (security
strength factor) of 1 means an integrity protection layer exists. Any
higher SSF implies some form of privacy protection.
- Ignore quotas on DAV appends. This feature was introduced in version
is commonly included in the SERVICES section of cyrus.conf(5)
imap cmd="imapd -U 30" listen="imap" prefork=0
imaps cmd="imapd -s -U 30" listen="imaps" prefork=0 maxchild=100
lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp" prefork=0 maxchild=20
sieve cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
notify cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/run/cyrus/socket/notify" proto="udp" prefork=1
httpd cmd="httpd" listen=8080 prefork=1 maxchild=20
A beta release of httpd
was first introduced in the caldav
of Cyrus in version 2.4.17, and was included in the mainline releases
beginning in version 2.5.0.
The quota override option, -q
, was introduced with Cyrus version 3.0.
The Cyrus Team, Nic Bernstein (Onlight)
1993-2017, The Cyrus Team