NAME¶ceph-disk - Ceph disk utility for OSD
ceph-disk [-h] [-v] [--log-stdout] [--prepend-to-path PATH]
[--statedir PATH] [--sysconfdir PATH] [--setuser USER] [--setgroup GROUP] ...
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -v, --verbose
- be more verbose
- log to stdout
- --prepend-to-path PATH
- prepend PATH to $PATH for backward compatibility (default /usr/bin)
- --statedir PATH
- directory in which ceph state is preserved (default /var/lib/ceph)
- --sysconfdir PATH
- directory in which ceph configuration files are found (default /etc/ceph)
- --setuser USER
- use the given user for subprocesses, rather than ceph or root
- --setgroup GROUP
- use the given group for subprocesses, rather than ceph or root
- Prepare a directory or disk for a Ceph OSD
- Activate a Ceph OSD
- Activate a Ceph lockbox
- Activate an OSD via its block device
- Activate an OSD via its journal device
- Activate all tagged OSD partitions
- List disks, partitions, and Ceph OSDs
- Suppress activate on a device (prefix)
- Stop suppressing activate on a device (prefix)
- Deactivate a Ceph OSD
- Destroy a Ceph OSD
- Zap/erase/destroy a device's partition table (and contents)
- Trigger an event (caled by udev)
- Fix SELinux labels and/or file permissions
DESCRIPTION¶ceph-disk is a utility that can prepare and activate a disk, partition or directory as a Ceph OSD. It is run directly or triggered by ceph-deploy or udev. It can also be triggered by other deployment utilities like Chef, Juju, Puppet etc.
It actually automates the multiple steps involved in manual creation and start of an OSD into two steps of preparing and activating the OSD by using the subcommands prepare and activate.
ceph-disk also automates the multiple steps involved to manually stop and destroy an OSD into two steps of deactivating and destroying the OSD by using the subcommands deactivate and destroy.
The documentation for each subcommand (prepare, activate, etc.) can be displayed with its --help option. For instance ceph-disk prepare --help.
BUGS¶See also the Bugs section in ceph-detect-init(8).
AVAILABILITY¶ceph-disk is part of Ceph, a massively scalable, open-source, distributed storage system. Please refer to the Ceph documentation at http://ceph.com/docs for more information.
SEE ALSO¶ceph-detect-init(8) ceph-osd(8), ceph-deploy(8)
COPYRIGHT¶2010-2019, Inktank Storage, Inc. and contributors. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 (CC-BY-SA-3.0)
|August 29, 2019||dev|