|CAFEOBJ(1)||General Commands Manual||CAFEOBJ(1)|
cafeobj - algebraic specification and programming language
cafeobj [OPTION]... [FILES]...
Starts the CafeOBJ interpreter.
CafeOBJ is a most advanced formal specification language which inherits many advanced features (e.g. flexible mix-fix syntax, powerful and clear typing system with ordered sorts, parameteric modules and views for instantiating the parameters, and module expressions, etc.) from OBJ (or more exactly OBJ3) algebraic specification language.
CafeOBJ is a language for writing formal (i.e. mathematical) specifications of models for wide varieties of software and systems, and verifying properties of them. CafeOBJ implements equational logic by rewriting and can be used as a powerful interactive theorem proving system. Specifiers can write proof scores also in CafeOBJ and doing proofs by executing the proof scores.
CafeOBJ has state-of-art rigorous logical semantics based on institutions. The CafeOBJ cube shows the structure of the various logics underlying the combination of the various paradigms implemented by the language. Proof scores in CafeOBJ are also based on institution based rigorous semantics, and can be constructed using a complete set of proof rules.
There are two classes of options. The first are options for the cafeobj wrapper script that allows to select the underlying Common Lisp interpreter, and to adjust search path parameters.
- -engine NAME
- selects the underlying common lisp engine. If not given, the first one selected during build time is used.
- lists all available common lisp engines
- -wrapper-libpath PATH
- sets the path where memory dumps of the lisp interpreters are found
- sets the path where CafeOBJ initialization files are searched
The following set of options are directed at the CafeOBJ interpreter directly:
- print a help message
- do not load user's initialization file
- run in batch mode
- -p PATH
- gives the standard prelude file defining modules
- +p PATH
- load additional prelude file
- -l DIR-LIST
- set list of pathnames for module search path, separated by colons
- +l DIR-LIST
- adds a list of pathname for module search path
- files that are loaded at startup time in order.
Toshimi Sawada and Norbert Preining.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Toshima Sawada, Norbert Preining.
THIS SOFTWARE IS SUPPLIED COMPLETELY "AS IS". CafeOBJ is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANT-ABILITY of FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
|September 2014||User Manuals|