NAME¶barman-cloud-backup - Backup a PostgreSQL instance and stores it in the Cloud
SYNOPSIS¶barman-cloud-backup [OPTIONS] DESTINATION_URL SERVER_NAME
DESCRIPTION¶This script can be used to perform a backup of a local PostgreSQL instance and ship the resulting tarball(s) to the Cloud. It requires read access to PGDATA and tablespaces (normally run as postgres user). Currently only AWS S3 is supported.
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by 2ndQuadrant.
- URL of the cloud destination, such as a bucket in AWS S3. For example: s3://BUCKET_NAME/path/to/folder (where BUCKET_NAME is the bucket you have created in AWS).
- the name of the server as configured in Barman.
- -h, –help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, –version
- show program’s version number and exit
- -v, –verbose
- increase output verbosity (e.g., -vv is more than -v)
- -q, –quiet
- decrease output verbosity (e.g., -qq is less than -q)
- -t, –test
- test connectivity to the cloud destination and exit
- -P, –profile
- profile name (e.g. INI section in AWS credentials file)
- -z, –gzip
- gzip-compress the tar files when uploading to the cloud
- -j, –bzip2
- bzip2-compress the tar files when uploading to the cloud
- -e, –encrypt
- enable server-side encryption for the transfer. Allowed values: `AES256'|`aws:kms'.
- -h, –host
- host or Unix socket for PostgreSQL connection (default: libpq settings)
- -p, –port
- port for PostgreSQL connection (default: libpq settings)
- -U, –user
- user name for PostgreSQL connection (default: libpq settings)
- forces the initial checkpoint to be done as quickly as possible
- -J JOBS, –jobs JOBS
- number of subprocesses to upload data to S3 (default: 2)
For libpq settings information:
- Not zero
BUGS¶Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
COPYING¶Barman is the property of 2ndQuadrant Limited and its code is distributed under GNU General Public License v3.
Copyright (C) 2011-2019 2ndQuadrant Ltd - <http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/>.
|December 5, 2019||Barman User manuals|