bscrypto - Bareos's 'SCSI Crypto'
bscrypto [options] device_name
The purpose of bscrypto is to be a standalone tool for manipulating the SCSI
Crypto framework using the SCSI SPIN/SPOUT security pages. This tool allows
you to perform standalone crypto operations that are normally performed by the
scsicrypto-sd.so plugin in the storage daemon.
You also need bscrypto tool to to the initial setup of things like
Key Encryption Keys in the bareos-sd.conf and
A summary of options is included below.
- Show version and usage of program.
- Perform base64 encoding of keydata. Any binary data is base64 encoded and
as such converted to normal ASCII.
- Clear encryption key. Clear the encryption key currently loaded on the
drive by issuing a SCSI SPOUT clear key page.
- -D <cachefile>
- Dump the content of given cachefile
- -d <nn>
- Set debug level to <nn>
- Show drive encryption status. Request the current drive encryption status
by issuing a SCSI SPIN cmd requesting the SPIN_DATA_ENCR_STATUS_PAGE.
- -g <keyfile>
- Generate new encryption passphrase in keyfile. A passphrase is generated
from random data and is ASCII only.
- -k <keyfile>
- Show content of keyfile. If the data is wrapped using a so called Key
Encryption Key you also need the -b flag to base64 decode the
data that is wrapped using the algorithm described in RFC3394 which gives
- -p <cachefile>
- Populate given cachefile with crypto keys
- -r <cachefile>
- Reset expiry time for entries of given cachefile
- -s <keyfile>
- Set encryption key loaded from keyfile. Load the new key from the keyfile
and load it into the drives crypto buffer using a SCSI SPOUT command.
- Show volume encryption status. Request the current volume encryption
status by issuing a SCSI SPIN cmd requesting the
- -w <keyfile>
- Wrap/Unwrap the key using RFC3394 aes-(un)wrap using the key in keyfile as
a Key Encryption Key After wrapping the data using this option the
output is binary so you may want to use the -b flag to base64
encode this data.
This manual page was written by Marco van Wieringen