|automysqlbackup(8)||Automatically backup MySQL||automysqlbackup(8)|
automysqlbackup - backup all of your database daily, weekly, and monthly
This manual page documents briefly the automysqlbackup command.
configuration is stored within the /etc/default/automysqlbackup file
- Username to access the MySQL server e.g. dbuser
- Username to access the MySQL server e.g. password
- Host name (or IP address) of MySQL server e.g localhost
- DBNAMES="DB1 DB2 DB3"
- List of DBNAMES for Daily/Weekly Backup e.g. "DB1 DB2 DB3"
- Backup directory location e.g /backups
- Mail setup What would you like to be mailed to you?
- log : send only log file
- files : send log file and sql files as attachments (see docs)
- stdout : will simply output the log to the screen if run manually.
- quiet : Only send logs if an error occurs to the MAILADDR.
- Set the maximum allowed email size in k. (4000 = approx 5MB email [see docs])
- Email Address to send mail to? (email@example.com)
- MDBNAMES="mysql $DBNAMES"
- List of DBBNAMES for Monthly Backups.
- List of DBNAMES to EXCLUDE if DBNAMES are set to all (must be in " quotes)
- Include CREATE DATABASE in backup?
- Separate backup directory and file for each DB? (yes or no)
- Which day do you want weekly backups at? (1 to 7 where 1 is Monday)
- Choose Compression type. (gzip or bzip2)
- Compress communications between backup server and MySQL server?
- Additionally keep a copy of the most recent backup in a separate directory.
- The maximum size of the buffer for client/server communication. e.g. 16MB (maximum i
- For connections to localhost. Sometimes the Unix socket file must be specified.
- Command to run before backups (uncomment to use)
- Command run after backups (uncomment to use)
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <firstname.lastname@example.org>. for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but can be used by others.
|6 Sep 2008||wipe_out|