augmatch - inspect and match contents of configuration files
augmatch [OPTIONS] FILE
augmatch prints the tree that Augeas generates by parsing a configuration file, or only those parts of the tree that match a certain path expression. Parsing is controlled by lenses, many of which ship with Augeas. augmatch to select the correct lens for a given file automatically unless one is specified with the --lens option.
- -a, --all
- Print all tree nodes, even ones without an associated value. Without this flag, augmatch omits these nodes from the output as they are usually uninteresting.
- -e, --exact
- Only print the parts of the tree that exactly match the expression provided with --match and not any of the descendants of matching nodes.
- -I, --include=DIR
- Add DIR to the module loadpath. Can be given multiple times. The directories set here are searched before any directories specified in the AUGEAS_LENS_LIB environment variable, and before the default directories /usr/share/augeas/lenses and /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist.
- -l, --lens=LENS
- Use LENS for the given file; without this option, augmatch tries to guess the lens for the file based on the file's name and path which only works for files in standard locations.
- -L, --print-lens
- Print the name of the lens that will be used with the given file and exit.
- -m, --match=EXPR
- Only print the parts of the tree that match the path expression EXPR. All nodes that match EXPR and their descendants will be printed. Use --exact to print only matching nodes but no descendants.
- -r, --root=ROOT
- Use directory ROOT as the root of the filesystem. Takes precedence over a root set with the AUGEAS_ROOT environment variable.
- -S, --nostdinc
- Do not search any of the default directories for lenses. When this option is set, only directories specified explicitly with -I or specified in AUGEAS_LENS_LIB will be searched for modules.
- -o, --only-value
- Print only the value and not the label or the path of nodes.
- -q, --quiet
- Do not print anything. Exit with zero status if a match was found
- The file system root, defaults to '/'. Can be overridden with the -r command line option
- Colon separated list of directories with lenses. Directories specified here are searched after any directories set with the -I command line option, but before the default directories /usr/share/augeas/lenses and /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist
# print the tree for /etc/exports augmatch /etc/exports # show only the entry for a specific mount augmatch -m 'dir["/home"]' /etc/exports # show all the clients to which we are exporting /home augmatch -eom 'dir["/home"]/client' /etc/exports
The exit status is 0 when there was at least one match, 1 if there was no match, and 2 if an error occurred.
Lenses and schema definitions in /usr/share/augeas/lenses and /usr/share/augeas/lenses/dist
David Lutterkort <firstname.lastname@example.org>
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE¶
Copyright 2007-2018 David Lutterkort
Augeas (and augmatch) are distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
Augeas project homepage <http://www.augeas.net/>