|AIRMON-NG(8)||System Manager's Manual||AIRMON-NG(8)|
NAME¶airmon-ng - POSIX sh script designed to turn wireless cards into monitor mode.
SYNOPSIS¶airmon-ng <start|stop> <interface> [channel] airmon-ng <check> [kill]
DESCRIPTION¶airmon-ng This script can be used to enable monitor mode on wireless interfaces. It may also be used to go back from monitor mode to managed mode. Entering the airmon-ng command without parameters will show the interfaces status. It can also list/kill programs that can interfere with the wireless card operation.
- start <interface> [channel]
- Enable monitor mode on an interface (and specify a channel). Note: Madwifi-ng is a special case, 'start' has to be used on wifi interfaces and 'stop' on ath interfaces.
- stop <interface>
- Disable monitor mode and go back to managed mode (except for madwifi-ng where it kills the ath VAP).
- check [kill]
- List all possible programs that could interfere with the wireless card. If 'kill' is specified, it will try to kill all of them.
- This flag must precede start/stop/check and can be combined with other parameters or used alone. This flag will increase the verbosity to provide additional useful information which may not be needed for normal operation.
- This flag must precede start/stop/check and can be combined with other parameters or used alone. This flag will increase the verbosity to debug level to assist in troubleshooting errors in airmon-ng. Use this flag when opening a bug, but only use --verbose when requesting support in irc.
- WARNING: DO NOT USE: This flag must precede start or stop and will prevent airmon-ng from removing interfaces. WARNING: Use of this flag will immediately disqualify receiving any support from the aircrack-ng team, due to the fact that this behavior is known to be broken. WARNING!
AUTHOR¶This manual page was written by Adam Cecile <email@example.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). And modified to fit airmon-ng by David Francos Cuartero <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Most recently modified by Zero_Chaos to update for the airmon-zc rewrite. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL.
|January 2020||Version 1.6.0|