Scroll to navigation
||System Manager's Manual
upgradednformat - Directory Server script for upgrading the DN format
upgradednformat -n backendname -a database_directory [-Z serverID] [-N] [-h]
Updates older-style DN syntaxes to RFC 4514-style DN syntaxes for migrated
databases. This is usually needed after migrating from an older version of
Directory Server. This script must be run while the server is stopped.
A summary of options is included below:
- -n Backend Name
- The name of the LDBM database to reindex. Example: userRoot
- -a Database directory
- The full path to the database directory.
- -Z Server Identifier
- The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one
instance on the system, this option can be skipped.
- Only checks whether any DNs in the database need to be updated.
Display the usage.
- upgradednformat -n userRoot -a /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-instance2/db -Z
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status
and a diagnostic message being written to standard error.
upgradednformat was written by the 389 Project.
Copyright © 2017 Red Hat, Inc.