- buster 18.104.22.168-1
|DBMON.SH(8)||System Manager's Manual||DBMON.SH(8)|
NAME¶dbmon.sh - Directory Server script for monitoring database and entry cache usage
SYNOPSIS¶[INCR=num] [SERVID=server_id][BINDDN=binddn] [BINDPW=password] [DBLIST=databases] [INDEXLIST=indexes] [VERBOSE=num] dbmon.sh
DESCRIPTION¶dbmon.sh is a tool used to monitor database and entry cache usage. It is especially useful for database cache and entry/dn cache tuning - how much space is left, is the cache full, how much space on average do I need per entry/dn.
OPTIONS¶It doesn't take any command line arguments, so all options must be passed in as environment variables.
dbmon.sh will loop repeatedly showing the db information until it is killed or Ctrl-C
All arguments are optional, but you will most likely have to provide BINDPW
- INCR - show results every INCR seconds - default is 1 second
- SERVID - Name of the server instance
- BINDDN - DN to use to bind - must have permission to read everything under cn=config - default is cn=Directory Manager
- BINDPW - password for BINDDN - default is secret
- DBLIST - a list of databases you want to check - default is all ; for more than one, delimit with spaces e.g. DBLIST="one two three"
- INDEXLIST - a list of indexes to show for each named database - default is none; specify all for all indexes, or named e.g. INDEXLIST="id2entry entryrdn"
- VERBOSE - output level - 0 == suitable for parsing by a script - 1 == has column headings - 2 == provides detailed descriptions of the data - default is 0
EXAMPLE¶INCR=1 SERVID=slapd-localhost BINDDN="cn=directory manager" BINDPW="secret" VERBOSE=2 dbmon.sh
AUTHOR¶dbmon.sh was written by the 389 Project.
REPORTING BUGS¶Report bugs to https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/new_issue
COPYRIGHT¶Copyright © 2017 Red Hat, Inc.
|March 20, 2017|