widget_calendar - Calendar Megawidget
package require Tcl 8.4
package require Tk 8.4
package require widget ?3.0?
package require widget::calendar ?1.0.1?
widget::calendar pathname ?options?
This package provides a calendar megawidget (snidget).
- A script to evaluate when a date was selected.
- The format of the date that is returned. Default: %m/%d/%Y.
- Set first day the week, Either sunday or monday. It defaults to monday.
- Select the font used in the widget. It defaults to Helvetica 9.
- Selects the background color for the day that has been selected. Default: #FFCC00
- Specify language of the calendar contents. The language is specified by
abbreviations of the languge, for example: en - english, de - german ...
It defaults to en.
Supported languages: de en es fr gr he it ja sv pl pt zh fi tr nl ru crk crx-nak crx-lhe
- Selects the color of the parts that have a shaded background. Default: #888888
- Specify if the past shall be shown. It is a boolean value and defaults to 1.
- Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the entry widget's contents. Whenever the variable changes value, the widget's contents are updated, and vice versa.
pathname get ?what?
Returns a part of the selected date or 'all'. The argument what selects the part. Valid values for what are: day, month, year and all. ´all' is the default and returns the complete date in the format given with -dateformat.
On creation of the calendar widget the following bindings are installed. When pressing a key the command is invoked and the textvariable is updated. updated.
- Home - Move to the current date
- Up - Move to week before current date
- Down - Move to week after current date
- Left - Move to day before current date
- Right - Move to day after current date
- Control-Left - Move to month before current date
- Control-Right - Move to month after current date
- Control-Up - Move to year before current date
- Control-Down - Move to year after current date
package require widget::calendar ; # or widget::all
set t [widget::calendar .t]
pack $t -fill x -expand 1
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK¶
This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category widget::calendar of the Tklib Trackers [http://core.tcl.tk/tklib/reportlist]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
calendar, date, megawidget, snit, widget