bibtex8 - 8-bit Big BibTeX
bibtex8 [options] aux-file
BibTeX8 is an 8-bit implementation of BibTeX written in C. It has been enhanced by adding the following features:
- "big" (32-bit) and customisable capacity
- flexible support for non-English languages using 8-bit character sets
BibTeX8 accepts 8-bit characters in its input files, and writes 8-bit characters to its output files. The character set is defined by an external configuration file --- the Codepage and Sort order ("CS") file. By default, it reads a specific CS file "88591lat.csf", which defines ISO 8859-1 character set and its alphabetical sorting order including accented characters.
- -? --help
- display some brief help text.
- -7 --traditional
- operate in the original 7-bit mode, no CS file used. Only 7-bit ASCII characters are supported, and they are sorted by ASCII code value.
- -8 --8bit
- force 8-bit mode, no CS file used. All 8-bit characters (code > 127) are treated as letters, and they are sorted by their code value.
- -c --csfile FILE
- read FILE as the BibTeX character set and sort definition file. Note that options -7, -8 and -c are exclusive.
- -d --debug TYPE
- report debugging information. TYPE is one or more of all, csf, io, mem, misc, search.
- -s --statistics
- report internal statistics.
- -t --trace
- report execution tracing.
- -v --version
- report BibTeX version.
- -B --big
- set large BibTeX capacity.
- -H --huge
- set huge BibTeX capacity.
- -W --wolfgang
- set really huge BibTeX capacity for Wolfgang.
- -M --min_crossrefs ##
- set min_crossrefs to ##.
- --mcites ##
- allow ## \cites in the .aux files (deprecated).
- --mentints ##
- allow ## integer entries in the .bib databases (deprecated).
- --mentstrs ##
- allow ## string entries in the .bib databases (deprecated).
- --mfields ##
- allow ## fields in the .bib databases (deprecated).
- --mpool ##
- set the string pool to ## bytes (deprecated).
- --mstrings ##
- allow ## unique strings.
- --mwizfuns ##
- allow ## wizard functions (deprecated).
More detailed description of BibTeX8 is available at $TEXMFDIST/doc/bibtex8/00readme.txt. The syntax of Codepage and Sort order (CS) File can be found at $TEXMFDIST/doc/bibtex8/csfile.txt.
BibTeX8 was written by Niel Kempson <email@example.com> and Alejandro Aguilar-Sierra <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This manpage was written for TeX Live, based on the work by Norbert Preining for Debian/GNU Linux.
|March 2019||bibtex8 3.71|