rdsquashfs - tool to examine or uncompress SquashFS filesystems
rdsquashfs [OPTIONS] <squashfs-file>
View or extract the contents of a squashfs image.
The following options can be used to specify what operation to perform. One of those has to be present:
- --list, -l <path>
- Produce a directory listing similar to ls -l for a given path in the SquashFS image.
- --cat, -c <path>
- If the specified path is a regular file in the image, extract it and dump its contents to stdout.
- --xattr, -x <path>
- If the inode that the specified path resolves to has extended attributes, dump them as key value pairs to stdout.
- --unpack-path, -u <path>
- Unpack the specified sub directory from the image. To unpack everything, simply specify /.
- --describe, -d
- Produce a file listing from the image compatible with the format consumed by gensquashfs.
- --stat, -s <path>
- Dump all available information about the inode that the path refers to, including SquashFS specific internals such as the on-disk layout of a file or the fast lookup index stored in an extended directory inode.
The following options can be used to control the behaviour of the specified operation:
- --unpack-root, -p <path>
- If used with --unpack-path, this is where the data is unpacked to. If used with --describe, this is used as a prefix for the input path of regular files.
- --no-dev, -D
- Skip device special files when parsing the filesystem tree.
- --no-sock, -S
- Skip socket files when parsing the filesystem tree.
- --no-fifo, -F
- Skip named pipes when parsing the filesystem tree.
- --no-slink, -L
- Skip symbolic links when parsing the filesystem tree.
- --no-empty-dir, -E
- Skip empty directories, including ones that are empty after applying the above rules.
The following options are specific to unpacking files from a SquashFS image to disk:
- --no-sparse, -Z
- Do not create sparse files. Always unpack sparse files by writing blocks of zeros to disk.
- --set-xattr, -X
- Set the extended attributes from the SquashFS image.
- --set-times, -T
- Set the create and modify timestamps of the file to the mtime from the SquashFS image.
- --chmod, -C
- Change permission flags of unpacked files to those stored in the SquashFS image.
- --chown, -O
- Change ownership of unpacked files to the UID/GID set in the SquashFS image.
- --quiet, -q
- Do not print out progress while unpacking.
Written by David Oberhollenzer.
Copyright © 2019 David Oberhollenzer License GPLv3+: GNU
GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
|May 2019||inspect SquashFS filesystems|