|SAPPHIRE(1)||General Commands Manual||SAPPHIRE(1)|
NAME¶sapphire — minimal but configurable window manager
SYNOPSIS¶sapphire [-display displayname | -version ]
DESCRIPTION¶This manual page documents briefly the sapphire command.
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
sapphire is a minimal but configurable window manager for X11R6. It supports themes in the form of X resource files, and has a customisable menu.
The Debian version receives Debian menu entries automatically in a "Debian" submenu by default, you can add entries specifically to sapphire (in the rest of the menu) in the default-menu file. For more information, see update-menus (1) and the FILES section below.
Users can also set their own options in $HOME/.sapphire/wmconf (an X resource file).
- -display displayname
- Use the X-server display 'displayname'.
- Show version of program.
- menu entries specific to sapphire (you can edit this one, it's a conffile)
- Debian menu entries in sapphire's format, not read directly, do not edit (edit default-menu instead)
- this menu file is the one sapphire actually reads, it is automatically generated from the other two by update-menus, do not edit (edit default-menu instead)
- user-specific options
- themes directory, all of the above may refer to themes from here (the files themselves are X resource files)